Rod is the founder and Lead Ninja of Down, Set, Lead and helps organizations grow their business and people through coaching, training and mentoring. Rod and I have a fun conversation about ‘Having Fun’ and ‘Being Authentic.’ People love authenticity and that’s what draws them to you.
Highlights From This Episode:
- If you’re happy you’re going to be healthier, and if you’re healthier, you’re going to be happier
- Rod will send you his new book (a gift) if you give him an answer that makes him laugh to his joke … ‘How many guys in kilts does it take to put in a light bulb?
- You have to be intentional about making your life fun.
- People love authenticity and are drawn to you. You make them feel more confident in themselves and you are more comfortable yourself.
- We need that human connection and people telling us that we’re okay.
- How often do the businesspeople say Thank you. I appreciate you coming in.
Rod challenged us, 3 times a day, for the rest of this week, make sure that you say, Thank you, I appreciate you, to whoever you sincerely want to thank and appreciate.
Links & Resources From This Episode:
Read more: ‘Down, Set, Lead’ by Rod Bourn
Learn more: Down, Set, Lead website
More About Rod Bourn
With a passion to improve people and organizations, Rod has worked in organizational development and leadership programming positions in a variety of industries including manufacturing, services, and higher education.
Rod is the founder and Lead Ninja of Down, Set, Lead; a strategic consulting group focused on helping organizations grow their business and people through coaching, training and mentoring. He is also the Project Director for Goldman Sachs’ 10,000 Small Businesses program in Baltimore.
Awesome FREE Resources for YOU!
Entrepreneur Toolbox Special access to reports, books and resources provided to you as gifts from our podcast expert guests. This valuable information covers various business and life topics.
Power of 3 Daily Planner A one-page daily planner to keep you on track to reaching your goals and taking action on the important things in your business and life.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please Share It, Subscribe to the Podcast and Leave Us An iTunes Review.
Val Low is a MAP IT Master & Brand Strategist and takes entrepreneurs to their next level of growth and impact. Through visual business mapping, Val works with entrepreneurs to take their dreams and business ideas out of their head and bring them to life. Val provides strategy on creating a message and brand to stand out in a noisy marketplace that people love to talk about.
Visit Val’s Website: https://vallow.me/
Connect with Val on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/val-low
#entrepreneur #business #branding #marketing #appreciation #connection #mentoring #happier #confident #authenticity